The second is the result of watching a show called "Super Why." We try to pick educational programs for LR since we know we're exposing him to more TV than we would like, but I didn't realize how much he's picking up until I heard him say, "I can't. My story says so." That line is used by a character toward the end of each episode. Now when LR doesn't want to do something I've asked him to do, he whips this handy phrase out.
The last phrase he's been using is a little sinister. When we need to discipline LR we say, "I will take you to your room." Recently, he's been threatening us with "I will bang you with my hand," or "I will scratch you with my nails," or "I will throw you down the stairs." He's such a sweet kid, that it always surprises me when something so venomous pops out of his mouth. We've explained to him that threats are not allowed and I quizzed Abra and Daddy about what they've been saying to him. Daddy fessed up and said that he's said, "I will throw you out the window" while playing with LR.

No comments:
Post a Comment