Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Missy and J Frog are healthy and happy!

Last Thursday, Missy and J Frog had their 6 month checkup. All is well. J Frog grew 3 inches in 2 months. They were so surprised, they measured him twice and then the doctor even questioned the nurse's measuring. He's now 27 inches long and 17 lbs. He's 60th percentile for height and 25th for weight. Missy is 70th for both. She grew 2.75 inches and weighs 17.5 lbs. J Frog's low weight seems to be the only thing left from being a preemie, but even that isn't bad. His legs are plenty chunky and he can drink up to 7 oz. of formula at a time now.

They both got 3 shots and I asked the doctor to space the two on Missy's right leg a little farther apart to attempt to avoid the swelling that both she and LR experience with all their double shots. Not sure if that was the trick or not, but Missy's leg didn't swell that night. That was an incredible relief. LR stayed home with Daddy while Abra and I took the babies to the doctor.

Yesterday I measured LR and he's now 38 inches tall according to his ever-so-accurate Thomas the Train height chart. Abra and I took some time to rearrange the furniture in LR's room and it's all starting to come together. I'm working on curtains and have 4 of 10 panels made. The trick is to keep LR from touching my sewing equipment during the day. I can only really use it at night after they've all gone to bed, so the process is slow going. Will put up pictures of his room when I finish.

No comments: