This is a shout out to
SwingDaddy and
Lady M for their continued progress with Bud on the potty training. It's also a warning. As
LR's comfort level with the toilet increased, so did his curiosity. I came home from work one day to find that the toilet had overflowed due to mass amounts of toilet paper wadded up and thrown in by LR. (Abra was at the end of her rope that day after having to clean up toilet water.) Now we keep the toilet paper well out of reach which results in me sitting down and cursing every time I pee and realize, too late, that I have to stand up to get the roll.
That same week I sent LR to
bother entertain Daddy while he was in the shower. When I got home from work, I went upstairs to pee.
After I flushed the toilet, I looked into the bowl and saw something at the mouth of the pipe. I thought that it was strange to get rust there when it was a relatively new toilet. I looked closer and realized it was my good opal pendant which LR had taken off the sink counter and plunked into the bowl earlier that day. My heart skipped a beat as I realized that I had already flushed the toilet once. I was just lucky that it was a little too heavy to go down. I would have been devastated.
So,
SwingDaddy and Lady M,
batten down the hatches! I'll cross my fingers for you and hope Bud isn't as curious about plumbing as LR.
2 comments:
I go through the same thing here at my house! My kids love to shove as much tp down the toilet as possible. So I thought removing the tp would be the fix until I go to pee and there is no tp within hands reach. I've also fished various sentimental objects from the toilet as well.
Thankfully, I hear this stage passes quickly!!
Thanks for the good wishes and warning!
By the way, we get the "adagio" thing too. Q-ster was dancing around wildly and I told him that he would wake the baby. So he started moving in slow motion and whispered, "Adagio!"
Post a Comment