Today is a banner day. I finally hit my goal weight. Too bad it doesn't look as good as I had hoped it would. I'm afraid my skin will never recover from the stretching that occurred while J Frog and Missy played dueling blindfolded conductors while in utero. Daddy has said that if I didn't like the way I looked after losing 40 pounds (65 since their birth) I could have a tummy tuck, but I don't know. (He didn't offer that up on his own accord. I asked. Can you imagine? "Honey, I think you deserve a tummy tuck after you lose all that weight!") I'll never forget what a very wise young rugger said to me while we were jogging the 6 mile round trip from Tufts to Harvard and back. I asked her if she ever thought about getting a breast reduction since she was 5'2" and had double D breasts. She said, "yeah, as an athlete, I definitely thought about it, but then I thought I would find something else to obsess about after that, so I better just learn to be happy with what I have." I must have been 24 at the time and she was 20 or so. She obviously made an impression since I've remembered all this time.
Let's just see how 45 pounds down looks first.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations on the weight loss! That's such an awesome accomplishment! My body also hasn't been the same since popping out both sets of twins. I'd love to have a boob lift someday!!!
Post a Comment