Sunday, July 08, 2007

Biking and Swimming

We had so many great photo opportunities this weekend that it's hard to pick which ones to post. On Saturday we took a nice bike ride around Horn Pond in Woburn. LR loved it. He even kept his sunglasses on for the majority of the ride. We went around once and stopped for water. He said "again, again, again" until we hopped back on and went around the pond another time. Then I coaxed him out of the trailer by promising we could throw rocks into the pond. We did that while Daddy packed up the car. LR fell asleep on the drive home, but woke up when Daddy tried to put him down in the crib. It took another car ride after lunch to get him to go down finally. Oh, and taking action shots while riding a bike... not as easy as it looks. I'm pretty happy I didn't wipe out when I got the shot of them riding with the pond behind then.

On Sunday we went to LR's long anticipated first swim lesson. It was awesome. Daddy took some fantastic pictures, but more importantly, LR loved it - right up until I let him go under water after sliding. He really wanted to slide, but wasn't sure about the landing. Anyway, he didn't want to get out of the pool and I know Daddy is looking forward to his turn next weekend. (Only one of us can be in the pool with him at a time.) I have so many photos to post that I'll put up some more tomorrow if I get a chance. The photos seem to be taking a ridiculous amount of time to load tonight. *sigh* The swim picture is of him riding a fun noodle while singing "Puff the Magic Dragon." I hadn't thought of singing that too him, but he heard the word dragon and repeated it while we rode around. He didn't want to give up any of the equipment each time we moved onto a new activity.

LR still has the sniffles and Daddy and I caught the cold too. We're tired and congested, but not much worse than that.

No comments: