Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Daddy's Footsteps

There are 2 things worthy of note from the past few days. One is that LR has stubbed his big toes and bloodied them 3 or 4 times in the last 72 hours. This would indicate that LR, indeed, has Daddy's feet. Daddy is notorious for stubbing his toes, once so hard that he broke the big toe on his left foot. We were hoping LR wouldn't inherit his very big toe, but oh well. Actually, one of the cuts came from dropping rocks on his toes while in his pool. He has a bucket of rocks that he plays with while he's in his pool. He drops them into the water and counts them and then counts them again as he puts them back in the bucket. Yesterday he made it up to 18 which was a big jump for him. I'd only heard as high as 12 the last time I heard him count.

The other thing was that when LR says, "Mommy?" I always answer, "Yes, Hudson?" Today as we were climbing the stairs to change his diaper he said, "Mommy? Yes, Hudson?" all by himself. He's such a thoughtful child, willing to take both sides of the conversation so that I won't have to exert myself.

No comments: