Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer Fun

We spent another fun filled Sunday at the YMCA pool. LR loved it so much that he cried when it was time to get out of the water. He calls it the "big pool" or "walk water" because the entry to the pool is a gradual slope that makes it easy for kids to walk in. Daddy dunked LR 5 times and LR cried each time, but recovered quickly. He didn't like being underwater, but he certainly didn't want to get out of the water. When he went down for his nap on Sunday I filled his kiddie pool with water so that it would warm up by the time he woke up. Late afternoon I put him back into his bathing suit and he spent another hour in the water while Daddy went for a bike ride with our friend B. I also positioned his slide so that he could get out, climb the stairs, and then slide back into the pool. He loved that. He also liked holding my hands while he did it which makes me think he's not quite as adventurous with water as he is with other things.

Uncle Corbin came up for a quick visit and LR quickly suckered him into a never ending game of chase. Not just any chase... the person being chased has to be holding onto one of LR's push toys. LR's push toys are about an average of a foot, maybe 18 inches off the ground. I imagine Uncle Corbin is a little sore today.

LR had a good day with the nanny today. He swam in his kiddie pool, fell asleep in the stroller, and had tons of milk to drink. Apparently wasn't too hungry, just thirsty for milk. When I got home I let him spend another 40 minutes in the pool. I lotion-ed him up before bed because I'm sure he's drying out from all the washing. The good news is that he's tanning! What some of you may not understand is that I worried while LR was in utero that he would have my skin. That might sound weird to people who have never burned so badly they blistered all over their back, or smelled so strongly of vinegar that they couldn't sleep, or who were never convinced by their best friend that suntan oil would help them tan. I wished he would have Daddy's olive skin and it looks like he does. *phew* Not that I won't still bathe him in suntan lotion, but at least I don't have to worry as much about the lobster effect.

No comments: