Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sleeping Through the Night (Again)

Since LR's last bout with a cold, he's had a hard time sleeping through the night. He'll wake up at 2 or 3am and call for me, claiming that it's "Mommy's turn." I still have a hard time listening to him cry, so I've been getting up, or making Daddy get up, and giving him a couple ounces of milk and putting him back to bed. With my family coming into town next week, we decided we have to get him to sleep all the way through again so that everyone can have a good night's sleep. Each night he cries a little less and last night was probably just 3 minutes or so. Then he slept through the night. If everything continues to go well, I'm hoping he'll be back to sleeping through the night by the time everyone arrives.

I'm up early this morning for no good reason other than most of my waking moments are filled with a sort of dread about having twins. Is it possible to feel lucky and screwed at the same time? I guess something like this was bound to happen since both Daddy and I are lucky people. As a kid, I was often picked as the volunteer during field trips or performances and Daddy always rolled double sixes when he needed them. I think it's time to start playing the lottery.

No comments: