Thursday, February 22, 2007

Little Things

You know what's the worst about blogging? You forget to write down the greatest moments. (Especially if you're as inconsistent about blogging as I am.) Every day LR does something cool and new. Three days later I can't remember what it was. I know he's no longer a vegetarian baby and I could report that tonight was the first time he ate meat, but really it was last weekend during a trip to the grocery store when he wolfed down a slice of turkey from the deli. Tonight he had meatloaf slathered in ketchup. (Actually, he'll eat anything drenched in ketchup: green beans, pumpkin bread, blueberries.)

Three days ago he really enjoyed dancing with Kermit and I was reminded of it tonight when Daddy came home and LR could not get enough of dancing to the music coming from Daddy's cellphone. He held it to his ear as if it were a boom box from the eighties. Then he ran around his room and dragged us by the fingers if we weren't keeping up with him. He even danced to the ABC's while Big Bird sang them with his birdketeers today.

He just started enjoying hats. He wears my floppy hat around the house, but mostly to play peek-a-boo with. He tried on Daddy's hat for size and loved it. In the car the other day, the sun was right in his eyes, so I put one of his visors on and he pulled it down over his eyes at the appropriate times.
He loves the DustBuster. Can't get enough. Every time I whip it out to clean up some disaster he's created with Cherrios or cornbread, he has to take over. He runs it around until it runs out of power. I admit that I used it to occupy him yesterday while I talked to my friend in California about her brand new baby girl.

So in future posts, I will try to remember the little things. I think they might give you a better idea of who he is... a dancin', hat wearin', cleanin' machine.

1 comment:

Mazurka said...

Cool. I totally understand about missing the little things. I try to blog each night, and I often can't remember what happened that morning... :P
Bud, as you may know, does similar dances. We mostly dance to music either from his CD player or the stereo though. Sometimes to Sesame Street. I've kept a couple of shows on the MythTV box since he really liked some of the songs. He also loves ketchup. Haven't tried it on blueberries, though.
He's not keen on hats yet. I need to get a baseball cap that's his size.