
Not since LR was a wee little thing has he taken a 4 hour nap. Today we got up early and went to our new house for the inspection. LR ran around the snowy and icy yard for awhile and then did laps inside the house with me. He thoughtfully pointed out all the dangerous stuff: exposed outlets, unlocked cabinets with cleaning supplies, and a pantry with shelves just the right height for climbing! He especially liked the shovels in the garage and basement. We left half way through the inspection as he showed signs of flagging. He actually fell asleep in the car on the 10 minute ride home which he
never does. I carried him upstairs and he didn't even wake when I took off his parka and shoes. He slept from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Yes, I checked if he was still breathing around 1:30. Although the need to check his vitals on occasion isn't quite what it was after he was first born, it's still there.

Daddy spent some quality time with LR during the afternoon while I went to rugby practice. Daddy has been working on
LR's letters with him by saying both the letter and the sound it makes. He can identify a handful of them now. If we show him the letter A, he'll say "A!" If I show him a B, he'll say, "
buh-
buh-
buh." W is another one that he just says the sound of. It's all very cute. As for words, he has a few new ones. We think he's trying to say "music" and "ga-ga," his word for Daddy, is starting to morph into "da-da."
We discovered a great new game. LR lies down on a blanket on the floor and I drag the blanket all over the floor, throwing him around. "Look at me! I'm multitasking! Sweeping the floor
and playing with the baby."
No comments:
Post a Comment