Monday, February 12, 2007

Bonk

LR has been learning all his body parts. He knows ears, eyes, nose, mouth, chin, knees, elbows, hands, feet, toes, and belly. Today he decided he knew the word for head. It's "bonk." Since he could first crawl under the coffee table, I've been saying "bonk" every time he hit his head on something. (With a kid like LR, that has been pretty often.) So, today he put two and two together. Head = Bonk. Makes sense. Although I'm not sure that he's actually confused by the meaning of "bonk" because he smacked me on the head, smiled and said, "bonk!" He did it again and I told him to stop, so he hit himself on the head. The rest of the evening we worked on "head," but after a year of programming him to say "bonk," I can understand his reluctance to switch.

Finally took some pictures at the baby gym when we took him this weekend. He just couldn't be happier than when he's there. He's pretty aggressive with other kids, but they all seem to take toys from each other. I also discovered that he loves my old pair of sunglasses. He thought it was pretty funny when he put them on, so I've been letting him wear them in the car. Since we're supposed to get some snow this week (finally!), he may actually need them.

No comments: