Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Duck Tours

Grandma W's visit was a huge success although much, much, much too short. She arrived Friday afternoon and saw the craziness that is our house from 5 to 8pm. It goes: baby dinner, our dinner, double baby bath, LR bath while nursing babies to sleep, LR snack with milk, LR bedtime routine. *phew*

Then on Saturday we decided to go out adventuring right away.
Since I was the only one in the family that had been on the Boston Duck Tours, we decided to take everyone on the amphibious vehicles including Abra and her friend Chrissy. The skies were overcast, unfortunately, but it went pretty smoothly. As soon as we got on the boats and started rumbling LR passed out. I was disappointed that he wasn't watching as we drove around Boston, but he woke up for the part of the tour when the boat dives into the Charles River. I guess that's really the best part of the tour anyway. The twins napped off and on and J Frog spent much of the time in my arms. He and I were sitting in the first seat on the boat and got blasted by the heat of the engine every time the driver stepped on the gas. It was a little intense, bouncy, and noisy. The experience was definitely different with my family than it was with my company a few years ago.

On Sunday we decided to leave the kids with the au pairs who were gracious enough to take all 3 of them! What a treat. Grandma, Daddy and I went shopping without our standard collection of strollers, bags, snacks, and a bottle of Excedrin. It was awesome. We hit Toys R Us and then the mall to get a new professional fall wardrobe for me.
I used almost all my Banana Republic gift cards I'd been saving for the past 3 years of on-again-off-again pregnancy.

We we got home it was back to Babyland. Grandma W fit in some quality time with LR. She read him books and played games with him. He wanted all her attention, but we put her to work doing things like double bottle feeding J Frog and Missy while they sat in their car seats. It'll be nice when they can hold their bottles. Missy is close. J Frog doesn't have the manual dexterity yet. He's got the gross motor skills though. He just keeps getting faster.

Grandma had to hop on a plane midday on Monday, so the first thing we did in the morning was to go outside and take a ton of pictures. We even took one of just the girls. Between Grandma and her brother, there were 4 sons and 1 daughter (me!). Between SwindDaddy and I we have the same configuration. We both have 2 sons and then there's Missy. She could end up in a sorority and wear nothing but pink for the rest of her life and we'll still have that in common. Cool!

1 comment:

June said...

Did Gigi buy LR that Longoria jersey? So cute!