
We've had another busy, busy weekend. Yesterday we started a long day of errands with a blown front tire. I managed to hit a huge pothole on the way to Costco. It blew right on impact. We pulled into an empty parking lot and Daddy changed the tire while LR and I ran around. LR was not thrilled to get back in the car when we were finished. He ends up in tears more often than not now when getting in the car. The first time is fine, but any subsequent strapping into the
car seat within a day produces screaming and tears.

Arrived at Costco and bought 2 new tires. They needed 2 hours to put them on, so we killed time by going to
Panera for a second breakfast. Good thing since LR was starving. He scarfed down a blueberry muffin and half an apple. He giggled through the whole time we were there since I let him run around the seat of the booth. He tested our resolve on the "no standing on tables" rule by pulling his knee up to the table. He figures, different table, different rules. Today, in fact, he thought he was being smart by standing on a dining room chair and then turning and sitting on the table. Right. He's not standing on the table, so why should I have a problem with it. I actually didn't know if I should keep him from doing it for a minute. Then I saw the sly look in his eyes and knew that it wasn't a good idea to let him get a foothold on this battle.

Evenings with Daddy have been few and far between this week, but LR did get to play a few games of peek-a-boo around his easel with him. Daddy had an overnight install on Wed night. LR woke up at 5am and asked for him repeatedly. I had to show him that Daddy wasn't in bed before he would let it go. He even checked under the sheets for him. Most evenings, LR and I have had dinner without Daddy. Conversation isn't as stimulating, but LR cheered me up with his corndog finger puppet. Boy did we laugh.

One thing I keep forgetting to mention is that LR loves to play with the stacking dolls that my brother
swingdaddy brought me from Russia. I only give him the biggest 3 sets, otherwise they become a choking hazard. I've been keeping them on the changing table and I can almost always distract him with them.
Today we had our first real tantrum. LR wanted to play in the car when we got home. I wanted to go in the house. We just couldn't see eye-to-eye. He really let loose, cried, screamed, stamped, dragged me by the finger to the gate. Daddy and I have to talk about a game plan when it comes to tantrums.
No comments:
Post a Comment