Yesterday I left LR playing in his Learning Tower while I prepared dinner. He was pretty hungry, so I gave him half a banana. (The kid who has never liked bananas has decided he loves them.) He was chomping away, looking at the cute kid in the mirror in the dining room. I listened to him babble as I cut up some avocado. Eventually it filtered in that he was saying "slip-slop" which is what he says when he slips. He'd been saying it for a minute or two, I just didn't register it. Since he was in the tower, I decided to investigate. I turned the corner and found that he was, indeed, slipping, "slopping" and landing on his butt repeatedly. Sometimes that's a game to him - pretending to fall down - but this time I sensed it was more. I looked at the surface of his platform and saw banana mush. I picked him up and yanked off his shoes. When I looked down at the platform it occurred to me what had happened. You know what fits perfectly into the holes in the top of that Learning Tower? Bana
LR surprised me today by counting to 2. I thought it was neat, so during dinner when he pointed to a piece of food and said "one," I told Daddy, "he can count to two." LR, offended by the limitations I'd set before him, heard the number 2 and then counted to 6. We were pretty shocked. We've spent so much time looking at letters with him that counting has been an after thought. The most counting we do is when climbing stairs, but I guess it shows up in a lot of his books.
Today LR came with me to the bank to get a check for our house closing. (We closed. Yeayyy!) I had never been to this particular bank, but since it was on the way to the new house, I wanted to give it a try. LR was chilling in his seat with a book when a woman in front of us found a place to parallel park. She stopped, put on her blinker, checked the spot, looked forward again, took off her sunglasses, turned back around... I didn't have time to wait, so I saw the opposite lane was clear and went around her. From the back seat I heard, "Vvvroom!" Guess I really hit the gas, huh, little guy?
Oh, and yesterday while I had LR on the changing table, the wipes got stuck in the wipe warmer. "Damn," I said. "Damn," said LR, then "damn?" like a question, then "damn" once more for good measure.

No comments:
Post a Comment