Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Teething

The Little Rugger is definitely teething. It's been pretty awful for him (and not much more fun for us). He'll be fine one minute and then screaming the next. He's usually okay in the morning, but by the end of the day, he's a basket case. I'm really hoping the tooth / teeth break through before our trip to NY this weekend, otherwise I can't imagine what the car ride is going to be like.

This morning he woke up at 5:50am instead of 5:30. Of course, I was up at 5:30 waiting for him. I was so uncomfortable from trying to go cold turkey on Monday that I almost couldn't wait for him to wake up. He nursed a good long time, but I'm still pretty sore. I'm going to keep the morning feeding for this week to see him through the teething. We'll try to stop nursing again next week.

Came home tonight to find Daddy and Gigi both entertaining the little guy. Or was it vice versa? His nose was running and he was pulling at his ears, both signs of teething. He didn't seem very happy, but soon after I arrived the Motrin kicked in and he was able to spend some quality time with the baby in the mirror in the dining room. Then Daddy fed him sweet potatoes, pasta, and water for dinner. I went to the gym and Daddy wrestled him first into his PJs and then into the crib.

It was in the forties and raining all day, so Gigi couldn't take him out for their normal walk. Maybe tomorrow, but it looks like it won't be until Thursday.

No comments: