He has started thrashing on the changing table. As soon as I put him down, he flips over. The good news is that I'm getting better at putting on a diaper from the back side. Getting pants on him is a little trickier. As soon as he flips, he goes for the wipe warmer, lifts the lid, and starts ripping wipes out. It's better now than a few days ago before I reorganized the changing table. Before when he flipped over, he would pull himself to the end of the table and then invariably attempt to do a header into the laundry basket. He likes being upside down more than any baby I've met. He's a thrill seeker, that's for sure.
We got him to bed last night after some coaxing. He sucks down his bottle too quickly for it to put him to sleep so then I end up bouncing on the exercise ball with him in my arms. It takes about 10 minutes of bouncing, but then he goes down. Last night he woke up screaming at midnight. I should have left him in there, but I went in to soothe him and then didn't get back to sleep for another 4 hours. Needless to say, we slept in a little this morning.
Tonight when I came home he had woken up from a nap just minutes before, so he was apple-cheeked and smiley. We read his Brown Bear book. He looked at the pictures while I signed and made noises for all the animals. He loves that. Big smiles. He did a little more commando crawling and then had a small dinner of stars and sweet potatoes. At bedtime I once again struggled to get him into his PJs. He's crazy strong and hates to be pinned down, but if I don't he's all over the changing table. He sucked down 7 ounces of formula and didn't quite make it to sleep. I bounced him until he did then sat in the rocker with him for a few minutes to make sure he was out. Not looking forward to letting him cry it out again tonight. *sigh*
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment