Wednesday, May 24, 2006

First Tooth!

LR has finally cut his first tooth. His lower right front tooth broke through today and the left one isn't far behind. He's been pretty grumpy for Gigi the past two days, but I think it's going to get better now. (Well, that is until the next teeth start moving in.)

This morning he woke up at 4:50am. Dear God, 4:50am! I kept hoping he'd go back to sleep, but he'd gotten a leg caught in the crib slats and I had to go in to free the beast. So I nursed him thinking he would go right back to sleep, but no dice. He was up for the long haul and me with a migraine. I woke Daddy at 5:30 and he graciously took LR to the living room to play. When I woke an hour later I found them still playing, but within 20 minutes he was ready to go back to sleep. He napped for a half hour and then was up again. Not sure if it was the teeth or us getting ready for work that disturbed his sleep. Gigi reports that he was fine this morning, but was really unhappy when he woke up from his afternoon nap.

By the time I got home from work he was happy and giggly and when I put my finger in his mouth I felt the brand new tooth edge. He had bananas, stars, carrots, and water for dinner. Then Daddy gave him a bath which he loves. He has so much hair! We're not just shampooing scalp anymore. I gave him some Motrin before bed since the other tooth is just under the surface and may break through before tomorrow morning. Hopefully he sleeps through the night!

Gigi and Daddy have both discovered today that if they read and sign the "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" book to him, they better be prepared to read it 2 or 3 times.

No comments: