Friday, May 19, 2006

Little Flirt

Last night was a little different. He went down a little early, but then woke up crying at least 3 times after that. Then I heard him again before 5am and finally he woke up a little after 6. I nursed him and he stayed awake until 10am or so. Then he napped until noon. Gigi took him to sign and song class where he amazed everyone with his enthusiasm for an aluminum pie tin. I'm told he went absolutely nuts for it. Started banging it around and squealing. None of the other kids were quite so into it as he was. Gigi said it made her and the other moms laugh.

He seems to really enjoy signing while we sing. The Bear Went Over the Mountain is his new favorite, but we're still doing the Itsy Bitsy Spider and others. He breaks into a big grin whenever we start. After sign class they went to the store where he flirted with two women in the checkout line. He seems super wary of men though. He cried when one said hi to him in the post office yesterday and looked very seriously at a man at the grocery store right after giggling and smiling at the women. Not sure what that's all about other than he spends most of his time with women during the day.

He still hasn't quite gotten into the crawling thing. Tonight I watched him struggle to grab a plastic Easter egg just out of reach. He squirmed to it, but then pulled his knees under him so that he could sit up. After a little play time, I took him to the high chair where he had stars, carrots, and a little of some homemade baby food that we froze a few weeks ago. We were half way through it before he remembered that he didn't like it.

After I cleaned him up from dinner, he played in his exersaucer while Gigi and I cleaned up the kitchen a bit. Then we talked and played for a little while until Daddy came home. Soon after it was time for bed. I guess he missed his afternoon nap today because he went to bed really easily. It was the first time I've been able to get him to go to sleep while on the bottle. Daddy and Gigi have both done it. I was the only one who had yet to have a successful bedtime with the bottle. Hope he doesn't have quite so screamy a night.

No comments: