Yianni and Cookie arrived too late Friday night to see the kids, but they got up bright and early with us on Sat. Actually, they got up at 1am, 2:30am, 4am, and 5:30am before taking on LR at 6:30am. For whatever reason, Missy and J Frog woke up crying every hour to hour and a half that night. They had been doing really well as far as sleep goes, but all of a sudden it was like having colicky newborns! Luckily they've slept through the last 3 nights to make up for it.

Saturday we took the zoo to the zoo. We just barely fit everyone in the minivan. LR seemed to enjoy seeing the animals and then he discovered the little train ride at the back of the zoo and just didn't want to leave. He was tired and started to get cranky, so we cut our losses and skipped the
leopard and wolf
exhibits. We did get to see the new black bears though.

On Sunday we went north a little ways to go raspberry picking. LR was excited about the playground at the farm and was reluctant to go picking until he found out he could eat the berries right off the vine. I showed him how to pick the berries, but he was more interested in having me pour the ones from my pint into his so that he could continue eating
uninterrupted. I don't know that he's had raspberries before, but he really loved them. We'll definitely go again next year.

Cookie and
Yianni also took it upon themselves to teach LR had to swing a bat with two hands. By the time I came outside to watch, he was hitting them left and right while
Yianni pitched. I have some great video of it that I will post as soon as I get to it. First I'm sorting through the 200 photos we took over the past 2 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment