Monday, July 07, 2008

Ferberizing Twins ~ Night #4

Last night was better and worse. When we put them down at 7:30, I expected some crying. What I didn't expect was J Frog to go for an hour and fifteen minutes. Early on in the event I saw that he had flipped onto his stomach again. He was so upset that I risked going in, flipping him over, and patting his stomach a little. He was inconsolable, so I left the room again and watched him on the monitor. He fought for 5 minutes to flip over again onto his belly. "Oh well," I thought. "Gotta let him figure it out." After another hour, I went in a picked up the poor little guy. He fell asleep right away in my arms. When he finally stopped snuffling, I set him down in the crib on his back. During this whole episode, Missy was up and down. Sometimes she'd wake up screaming and sometimes she'd sleep. She was out after about an hour though. Not even his screaming woke her up.

I went to bed around 10:30pm and the next thing I knew it was 6am. At 6:15 I heard Missy. I fed her and then handed her to Daddy since I heard J Frog rousing. Then I fed J Frog. He fell back asleep, but Missy wanted to play. Daddy let me nap with J Frog while he took care of Missy and LR. The point is, they slept through the night! I hope it doesn't take another hour of screaming tonight.

1 comment:

Lady M said...

Brutal. Wishing you lots of luck in getting everyone (including yourself) to sleep!

Our company has some free books for parents (like "What to Expect . . .") and they included one for newborns called, "You Don't Have to Let Your Baby Cry." I saw it and thought, they should follow up by mailing a companion book in six months called, "It's ok to Let Your Baby Cry!"