Yesterday the babies managed to get off schedule. By the time 7pm rolled around, Missy was ready for bed while J Frog was wide awake. She fell asleep and didn't wake up when we put her in the crib. She woke up an hour later and cried for 10 or 15 minutes as she put herself back to sleep. I worried about putting J Frog in there with her knowing that he might wake her up. When I set him down he did start to cry, but she managed to sleep through it.
They were fine until 1:30am. J Frog woke up and half talked, half cried for 30 minutes. Then he really screamed for 30 minutes. I watched him on the monitor. He kept arching his back and turning onto his side while trying to find his hands to chew on. Every time he flopped back onto his back his crying intensified. At the end of the hour J Frog flipped onto his stomach. I considered flipping him over for all of 5 seconds before I realized he was falling asleep.
He slept that way for an hour. Then woke up crying again. This time I did go in and flip him over. Boy, did that piss him off. In another minute he flipped back onto his stomach and fell asleep again. Maybe he'll be a tummy sleeper. Who knows? The good news was that Missy only woke for about 5 minutes the whole night. She seems to be getting the hang of sleeping through his cries. Nap time has also gotten easier since putting them down in the crib is less of an issue.
Despite all the commotion, LR is pretty much potty trained during the day. He wears underwear all day now and just a diaper at night. Yesterday, when I took his night diaper off it was dry. That was a first, so I took him to Target, explained that I was very proud of him for learning how to use the potty and let him pick out a toy. He ran to the toy section and found the car aisle. He tested all the cars in his reach, being careful not to miss any as he walked up and down the aisle. At one point I tried to get him to explore more options like balls or games, but he told me that he wasn't interested. It was cars or nothing. After playing with a remote control dump truck, I pulled out the toy behind it which was a remote control backhoe. That was a winner and I liked the well advertised mute function. He was sure that this was the toy, so I put him in the cart with the toy in his lap and he played with the music function for the rest of the shopping trip. I told him he wasn't going to get presents for pooping anymore, but I'm sure he'll keep asking for them. Now we just have to learn every bathroom location between home and anywhere we ever want to go.
Sunday, July 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment