Friday, July 18, 2008

Skills

J Frog prefers to be on his belly all the time now. Ever since he started sleeping on his stomach he's been quick to flip onto his belly every time we put him down. No more leaving him in the swings or bouncy seats unattended. We've officially stopped using the seats because he kept trying to roll out of them. When on the ground he lifts his arms and legs simultaneously like he's trying to fly. Not really sure what he's trying to do, but it looks like a superman impression. He's probably not terribly far from crawling... maybe a month away.

They both love the banana toy. You can see them fighting over it in the photo where Daddy piled them on top of each other. Missy is just fending off J Frog. Despite their differences, they're pretty even when it comes to being aggressive.

As for Missy, her favorite new skill is getting her toes to her mouth. She's been doing that for about two weeks. She still prefers to be on her back to play with toys, but she'll roll onto her stomach every once in a while. Her big new thing is babbling. She can often be heard saying "ba ba ba ba" or "ma ma ma ma." It's funny to think actual words are not that far away.

LR can now play his harmonica while standing in his underwear. Now that's skill! Actually, he's completely potty trained, even at night. Once he started spending days in underwear instead of a diaper, he noticed that the diaper wasn't all that comfy. Two nights ago he was tugging at his diaper as I was reading his bedtime story. I asked if he wanted me to loosen it. He said, "yeah," but then decided to take the whole thing off. I explained to him that he would need to go to the potty during the night if he needed to pee. I said he could call for me if he needed me too. I fully expected him to wet through, but he succeeded in making it through to the next morning. Same thing last night. Not that there won't be accidents, but I'm pretty sure the size 6 diapers can go in the closet for Missy and J Frog.

No comments: