Friday, December 28, 2007

Sympathetic Little Guy

Yesterday LR wanted me to get off the couch to play cars with him, so I sat up. He grabbed my hands in his and said, "getting bigger and bigger!" Had it come from anyone else, it would have earned that person a serious kick to the shins. Instead, I laughed and gave LR a kiss. He's gotten very conversational recently. He'll tell me about his day or what just happened on TV. He's also a little more cuddly which is nice. Sometimes I get a random hug and Daddy always gets a running tackle-hug to the legs when he walks in the door from work.

Luckily, the snow has started to melt, so both Daddy and Noula have taken him for walks this week. Last week it was nearly impossible to go outside as you can see from the photos. His playhouse was half buried in snow. He peeked out just enough for me to snap a photo. The bulkhead was the only island he could get to. Otherwise, he was often waist-deep and struggled to follow Daddy around the yard. Daddy made a great, big snow family and LR helped me poke holes in one of the smaller snowmen.

You can't see how big I am in the photo, but you'll just have to trust me on this one. I'm HUGE. The doctors are debating a Jan 10th delivery vs. a Jan 17th one. The big difference is that if I go Jan 10th, I'll be just shy of 35 weeks which means I deliver at a hospital downtown with a NICU and the surgery will be performed by my high risk doctor. If I deliver Jan 17th, I can have my OB perform the surgery at the same hospital in Cambridge where we had LR. A few days make a huge difference here. They're debating bed rest despite the fact that the labs look fine and I'm feeling okay. (Okay is so relative when you're carrying twins.) I should find out the results of the latest set of labs on Monday.

1 comment:

Tom Sisson said...

17th since it's my birthday as well! You can even use my name since the Holiday photo said TBD...