Friday, December 14, 2007

Foot of Snow

We had a big snow storm yesterday. Luckily N, LR, and I made it to the mall and back just before the snow started. I saw signs on the highway warning about the approaching weather, so I knew it wasn't going to be good. Luckily, Daddy had done an install the night before and was awake from 1:30-6am, so he was working from home and not out on the roads.

N tried to get LR down for a nap, but when that didn't work, she bundled him up and took him out into the snow. It was only a few inches deep at that point and he seemed pretty zoned when he was out there. I could tell he was tired and fighting it. I got a few decent pictures, but the snow got in the way of a bunch of them.

This morning the snow is at least a foot deep and I woke once last night to the sound of snow plows scraping the asphalt and then backing up with a loud "beep beep beep." LR would have loved to watch, but he's sleeping in since he missed that nap yesterday. I keep wondering if he's outgrowing his nap, but then I watch him on those days where he skips it and he's an absolute basket case in the evenings. Yesterday he almost fell asleep while eating dinner and he wiped out numerous times, hitting his head twice. There is no doubt that he should still be napping, but somehow I have to convince him of that.

No comments: