Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Adventures in Shoveling

LR was thrilled this past weekend when Daddy let him help shovel the snow off the driveway. We could only find 2 shovels, but they were both light enough for LR to wield. He might have taken a swing at the bumper of the wagon with the metal one, but whatever, Saturns are meant to take abuse like that. It was a toasty 40 degrees which is why Daddy went out without a coat. I still made LR put on a sweatshirt and when the wind kicked up, I added a jacket on top of that.

For a while LR was content to shovel in our driveway, but eventually he decided the lawn needed shoveling and the neighbor's jungle gym should definitely be cleared off. He's a little tentative about his new snow boots because I accidentally let him into the garage on his own with them on for the first time. He tried to negotiate the 3 stairs and fell face first, banging his head (incidentally in the same spot he always seems to bang his head... do kids have a favorite injury spot? I'm going to have to teach him how to lead with his elbow earlier than I thought!) Since then he's been wary about walking in his boots. Can't say I blame him.

In other news, my blood pressure has started to creep up, but I'm hoping we'll control it with medication. It's earlier than I would have liked to see it happen, but since I look full term, it's not that big of a surprise either. The babies weigh about 3 pounds each now and are closing in on 16 inches. I'm crossing my fingers for 6 more weeks. By that point they should be about 6 pounds and 18-19 inches.

No comments: