Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wanna Go For A Ride?

I always associated the question "wanna go for a ride?" with dogs. Now I use it for LR. He gets really excited when I ask him if he wants to go for a ride in the car. For the first time he actively participates in getting into his car seat and buckling up. No more strong arming him into the car then into his seat. As soon as we pull out of the driveway and onto the road he announces, "fast!" Not sure if he's saying I drive too fast or not fast enough. Yesterday he was so intent on going for a ride that we ran an errand that wasn't particularly urgent. When we returned to the garage, he gave me his best sad face and asked "again?" I told him that we'd go for another ride tomorrow.

Grandma Nese sent a cute package of Cars (the movie) books last weekend. LR really loves them and we've read them many times already. I was especially interested in the book titled "Doc Hudson." (The others are "Sally," "Lightening McQueen," and "Mater.") He can say so many words now, but almost refuses to say his name. He refers to himself as "baby." Every once in awhile he might say "Hun," but it's still a ways from sounding like his name. I figured the book would offer a good teaching point. So after 5 days of reading the books to him he refers to them as "blue car," "red car," "tow truck," and "Doc." Oh well. Thanks for the books, Nese!

Last thing I keep forgetting to write about. Rocks. He carries them everywhere. I rarely get them away from him when we come in from outside and the result is that we have one on our bathroom sink, one in the living room, two next to the kitchen sink, and one on the floor in his room. Every time I come home I find new rocks in the house. When he's not looking, I toss them out the door. I'm pretty sure he's disassembling our decorative rock wall on the patio rock by rock.

No comments: