Monday, May 21, 2007

Crash!

LR's friend R was born just a few days before LR. His mom and I took prenatal yoga together and we've had play dates since. They are similar in size, but have really diverged in personality in the last year. LR, despite being a child cared for by nannies, is on the aggressive side. (I only say that since that government study came out recently that says kids who were in daycare for multiple years are slightly more aggressive. Turns out they are .2 percent more aggressive than their non-daycare counterparts. Apparently they media took the study and ran with it, implying there was a great difference in aggression based on their early childhood care.)

LR always wants whatever toy other kids have. He chased R around because he had his new Thomas the Train toy. He tried to get it 2 dozen times before R finally took his eyes off the prize. Then LR played with it for a minute and dropped it again. LR and R spent a fair amount of time just running around the house. There's a lot of open space since we're not really unpacked yet. At one point LR announced "crash!" and ran chest first into R, knocking them both over. R's mom and I were both surprised. Since neither of them was hurt, it was pretty funny.

Yesterday LR did the same thing to me while I was crouched down cleaning something off the floor. I heard "crash!" and then felt him thump into my back. It really made me laugh. Thank goodness the rain has finally ended and we can go outside. Apparently someone has a lot of unused energy!

No comments: