Friday, May 11, 2007

Attack Turkeys

The other day I was standing in the backyard at one corner of the house and LR was standing at the other corner. He was exploring all the nooks and crannies in the yard... mostly the nooks with the most dirt. I heard the sound of something crawling through the brush in the woods behind the house. Our neighbors have seen deer, coyotes, and foxes, so I peeked over the fence just in time to see a large bodied animal slip under a bush as it headed toward us. It was only 20 yards away or so, so I sprinted for LR, scooped him up, ran the length of the house, into the garage, and through the door. LR was unsure what the rush was, but he didn't complain as we bounded up the stairs and into the guest room. I looked out the window and saw a large wild turkey wandering around behind the fence. I told LR that the turkey looked fierce, but I don't think he believed me.

In other animal news, LR chased a bunny out of our yard and giggles whenever the birds decide to hang out on the grass. He can really get up some speed now, although he looks like a marionette when he runs - high knees and swinging arms. He's much tougher to catch though. The animals and I are going to have to start taking him much more seriously.

No comments: