
Spent Mother's Day in Brooklyn visiting Gigi and feeding her treats. LR got a real kick out of force feeding Gigi some of the wonderful food Uncle Corbin prepared. She also brought him a book of Thomas The Train, whom he affectionately calls "Tom."

It was also his last opportunity to see Uncle Keeper and Aunt J before they go off to Arizona for the next 4 years. I'm already looking forward to visiting them. He also got a chance to view the city from our hotel room near
LaGuardia.

We were amazed that we didn't hear any of the planes since they flew directly over the hotel. We inspected the windows since we'll need ones like it to block out the noise from the busy road we live on now. Not that it bothers LR. He actually prefers to sleep in our room right now which is the noisiest room in the house. Don't know why he's having trouble going to sleep in his crib these days, but we're hoping it passes quickly.

Otherwise things are well. We spend most of our days outdoors. He loves the yard and has found things like the hose to play with. I was nervous the first time I saw him play with the loops, but it hasn't proved to be dangerous, so I just watch him carefully when he heads over to it. In the picture he's wearing a T-shirt our friends brought him from Orlando; it says "Thing 1" on it. It's perfect for him.

He also still loves to push and ride in his wagon. The slide is not as interesting anymore which is making me second guess buying a little
jungle gym for him. Not sure what sort of outdoor equipment he'd enjoy most. Probably one of those inflatable castles so he can bounce himself silly. The cars and trucks going by the house are a constant source of entertainment, but it's nothing compared to trains. It's either the Brio set, Thomas the Train episodes, or the full length of The Polar Express. He now takes the DVD out of the player and brings it to me when he wants to watch it. (He does it even knowing he's not supposed to touch the DVD player. I admire his dedication.) There are a few scary parts, but he
loves it. I'm pretty tired of it, but that doesn't seem to matter at this point.

LR is in desperate need of a haircut. I think we're making a family trip this weekend. He's showing some serious bedhead in this last picture. (In all honesty, I did it to him on purpose while trying to wake him up from a particularly long nap. I kept running my fingers through his hair, combing it straight up until he finally woke up.) He's reading his new Thomas book in the photo.
Happy Belated Mother's Day Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment