Last Friday LR and I went to a playgroup in the afternoon with 4 other moms and their kids. It was a ton of fun and the host had a slew of toys that we'd never seen or played with before. For me, it was like test driving a bunch of toys before buying. I watched him pull carts, play with doors, try to take apart the kitchen, etc. I left with a much better idea of what to get him for Xmas. At one point the hostess' son climbed into my arms while I was sitting on the floor and stayed there hugging me for twenty minutes. At first I thought he must have mistaken me for his mother, but it turns out he's just a cuddler. I thought, "how nice it would be to have a cuddler." LR's not really a cuddler. Climber, sort of. Monkey, definitely, but not a cuddler.
Speaking of being a climber, today I came in from Costco, set him down on the safe side of the gate along with a 12 roll package of paper towels. While taking off my coat, LR climbed onto the paper towel package and smiled at me over the top of the gate. The gate was only up to his waist, if that. *sigh* Still hoping he hasn't really put 2 and 2 together on the whole "how to create a stepstool" thing.
He's latest fun noise to make sounds like gasping for breath followed by wheezing. Since my mother and brother had/have asthma, I obviously find it hoo-larious. My blood pressure went through the roof no less than 3 times today. I'm curious if he's doing it now just to see my eyes bug out of my head. Oh, and he took a digger while trying to climb into the many boxes around our house and now has a big bruise in the center of his forehead. That's okay though, it compliments the yellowish one above his eyebrow.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment