Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sick But Happy

LR napped for a total of an hour on Monday, a half hour in the morning and another half hour in the afternoon. It certainly wasn't enough, but despite the runny nose and (I suspect) sore throat, he was pretty happy. Tuesday was better, but he still didn't sleep much during the night. I slept even less. Last night was great. He actually slept through and seemed to be recovering today. It was a mild cold and all 3 of us got it, so it was virulent but not vicious.

LR has picked up a few new signs in the last few days. He seems to have a handle on zebra, giraffe, and book. He says "ba" for bath, bottle, ball, and book, so the signs help me differentiate. Today he stayed underfoot while I tried to make a pasty (meat, carrot, potato pie). If I'm anywhere else in the house he's fine playing by himself, but as soon as I try to do the dishes or cook, he's grabbing at my legs and - this is new - biting my jeans. Biting has gone from a game to a more serious call for attention. Not sure what to do about it, but hoping it's just a phase and will go away soon.

About a week ago he started picking up the books next to our bed and thumbing through them. They're my "Chronicles of Narnia" paperbacks and he's generally very gentle with them. He runs his thumb across the pages of the first one he picks up and then tries each one in the series in turn. A born reader? We hope so.

No comments: