I had to go to the cell phone store yesterday because apparently cell phones don't do well when saturated with drool. Who knew? Anyway, LR and I walked into the store and he immediately ran to the kid-friendly height display cabinets and started pulling out all the packaged accessories. As I redistributed his war chest, he started signing "phone" by touching his middle finger to his cheek. So while LR overwhelmed me with his brilliance, Sprint underwhelmed me with their customer service. I was told to wait while one staff member fixed a computer and the other completed a task for another customer who obviously wasn't present since I was the only person in the store. Why do cell phone companies continue to punish customer loyalty? I don't get it. Guess I have a "kick me" sign because I signed up for another 2 years. *sigh*
So the Dr. Seuss pop-up book now has its own word. We don't have "ma ma" or "da da" yet, but this special book gets "pa pa" for "pop-up." He wants to read it all the time now and it's definitely showing some wear-and-tear. I may have to add it to my pile of board books that will need replacing before baby #2 comes along.
After 3 nights of restless sleep for all 3 of us (LR kept waking up for 2 hours on average), we finally figured out that he was in pain. I gave him a dose of Motrin before bed last night, put him to bed at 7:30 and I didn't hear from him again until 6:30 this morning. Awesome! Had a play date with his same-age friend R today and R's mother showed me that he had just broken a molar. I checked LR's mouth and sure enough, his back right gum is super swollen. That accounts for the horrible sleep. More Motrin tonight and fingers crossed.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment