Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Bumbo Seat

Missy rolled over yesterday! I walked out of the room for 2 seconds. By the time I got back, she was on her back with Abra cheering. I put her back on her tummy, but she didn't want to do it again.

It's amazing how many people have twins in their family or have a twins (or super twins - higher order multiples) story. Daddy was one of four people from his company who went to the conference last week. 2 of them had a set of twin siblings. Daddy obviously has Missy and J. Frog. Only Daddy's boss didn't have twins in the family.

Gigi and I braved the mall on Sunday. In Victoria Secret, we ran into 2 people who told us they had twins. People were being friendly because both the babies started to scream at the same time while Gigi was out chasing our newly speedy LR. He's getting wheels! So, after lots of staring, a nice woman finally offered to help me by holding J. Frog while I calmed Missy. When Gigi returned a little out of breath, we headed over to Baby Style where both the woman in front of me and the cashier admitted to having twins. Small, small world.

I broke down and got a Bumbo seat (pictured) from craigslist. I had to jump on it because they go fast. I told the woman I had twins and needed to put one down. She took pity and when I arrived to pick it up, she told me she had twins as well. I asked her how old and she said 4. I asked if it got easier and she said she didn't know because one died at 16 months. My heart jumped and I tried to figure out how many insensitive things I might have said in the 5 minutes that we'd been talking. Count that as my fourth tragic twin tale since I've had Missy and J. Frog. One mom I've been working with lost one inutero. One lost her girl at the age of 3 thanks to an unsecured bookcase. One whom I bought a bouncy seat from lost her first son when he was 1 and then had twins. I imagine it has nothing to do with having twins as the grief must be equally intense for a parent regardless.

On the lighter side, LR is starting to enjoy interacting with his siblings. He sings to them whenever they cry. He tells them "it's okay baby," if I can't get to one of them fast enough. He even shares his toys. He's going top love their company as soon as they can reciprocate a bit.

No comments: