Monday, June 16, 2008

The Best Present of All

*WARNING* Due to the graphic nature of this post, reader discretion is advised.

I turned 32 today! I did what I set out to do years ago, which was to finish having kids by the time I was 32. At least that was the goal my doctors set out for me back when I was in my mid-twenties. It seemed like such a huge hurdle, but here we are, 3 kids later, and my body is just beginning to recover... well, as much as it can on so little sleep.

We celebrated both Father's Day and my birthday this past weekend by taking the zoo out to eat at our favorite old date spot for lunch. We gorged on Chinese food and fruity rum drinks. It went pretty well. J. Frog slept through much of it keeping the ratio of adults to kids reasonable. Last week was my first week back at work part-time (thus the lack of posts last week) and I was ready for a little down time. I didn't get any, but I was sure ready for some. Maybe next week.

As for my favorite present this year, it was from LR. For the very first time, he pooped on the potty this morning. Unfortunately, Daddy was on a conference call, but Abra and I celebrated with him and I gave him a shiny new Hotwheels truck. Hopefully he won't feel the need to hide behind the couch every time he needs to poop now. *fingers crossed*

No comments: