Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Synchronized

People talk about how twins do funny things at the same time. I'm curious if that is nature or nurture. Does is happen more to identical twins since they have the same genetic make up, or does it happen to fraternal twins like J. Frog and Missy just because they're so often in the same place at the same time. When they were younger and learning to nurse they used to somehow know when it was time to unlatch. Like red ants, they would both bite down at the same time which would send me though the roof. Lucky for me, they've stopped doing that. Now when they unlatch, if they're both awake, I give them a few minutes to look at each other. This past weekend, they started cooing and talking when they made eye contact. It's far more fun than constantly trying to breakup the poking fights they usually have.

Just now they were sitting in bouncy seats in the kitchen while Abra, LR and I ate lunch.
We heard bubbling from J. Frog and then grunting from Missy and we realized they were participating in synchronized pooping. Abra and LR are now giving Missy a much needed bath and I decided it was just the sort of thing that needed a blog post.

No comments: