Saturday, May 17, 2008

J. Frog News

J. Frog rolled over today! He's always had great head control. Yesterday he was able to play on his tummy without any strain. His neck didn't seem to get tired, so he wasn't nodding like a bobble head doll anymore. Today, while our friend D was over watching the FA cup finals between Portsmouth and Cardiff, I put J. Frog on his tummy on his play mat and within a few minutes, he let the weight of his head carry him right over onto his back. It didn't even spook him the way I remember LR's first rolls did.

In other J. Frog news, he's refused the bottle for the past 5 or 6 days. At first I just thought he was being particular, but now I'm afraid we have a problem. I can't produce quite enough milk for both of them for the entire day, so Missy is getting a little short changed. She's taking more formula so that I can feed him more often. He's also feeding more often because he's not getting a ton at every feeding. Daddy read up online today and apparently it's not unusual for babies around this age who have been successfully taking the bottle to refuse it for a little while. They say the key is to keep trying it until the baby takes it again. We'll see if Abra has better luck with him next week.

No comments: