LR has been using the phrase "scary part" to describe an upcoming part of a movie he doesn't like for a while. For example, he's not a fan of the marionettes in The Polar Express. I have to fast forward through them every time. Recently, he's started using the word "scary" every time he goes into a room without the lights on. He stops at the edge of the light and runs back into the room I'm in, grabs my hand and drags me to the dark room, declaring (loudly), "scary! Scary!" It happens more now that we're losing light so early in the day. Luckily, it doesn't seem to apply to his room at night.
Speaking of LR's room, we finally have his crib converted to a double bed and he loves it. I love that I no longer have to heave myself off the floor at night after putting him to sleep. After he recovered from that last cold, he was waking up only once at night. I was finally starting to get some decent sleep again. Then, on Saturday night he was up every half hour. I suspected the start of a cold and sure enough, his nose was runny on Sunday. He didn't seem to mind although he's figured out how to wipe his nose on his sleeve. I've convinced him to let me wipe his nose now although I have to tell him to blow. Last night we gave him Motrin now that Dimetapp Cough and Cold has been deemed useless. He slept better, but was still up 3 or 4 times. Today he's more congested and coughing a bit. Crossing my fingers that croup doesn't show up again.
In the meantime, not sure what to do about practice on Tues. My normal sitter can't do it and I can't leave him at a playdate since I don't want other kids infected. Yes, our season has been extended unexpectedly. The ladies made the first round of playoffs, won in a tight and rainy 7-5 game against St. Michael's College, and made it to the semi finals for our division. We'll be meeting a team we lost to already this season, so I don't have high hopes, but any given Saturday... Here's the kicker. Not expecting to win the game, I told the team I'd name a twin after the high scorer if we won. The young woman who scored the only try AND kicked the conversion is named Kara. She said if Kara Jr. is too awkward, I could use her middle name Ann. Funny, I have no problem with Kara Jr. which is good because that's what the team has been calling her since then.
The twins continue to grow quickly. Last Wed, twin A (boy) measured 1 lb 4 oz. Twin B (girl) measured 1 lb. 5 oz. They both seem to be right on track for singletons. This time, he was underneath and she was on top. Her head and his butt were right under my right ribcage which explains the pressure I was feeling last week when I breathed. They both kick in distinctly different areas, so when people ask me if it's different to carry 2 vs. 1, I can say, yes. The kicking is more constant, came earlier, and is clearly from 2 different little animals.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment