But over the past week, both Daddy and I experienced the up-side of pity. Daddy had a coworker hand him an enormous bag of baby clothes saying, "take it. You'll need it." I asked Daddy if the clothes were lent or given. He said given. I'm still going to put the coworker's initials in the clothes just in case he wants them back at some point.
Earlier that same day, I met with a foot doctor who said that although insurance would only cover one visit per year, she would see me whenever I needed it and just take care of me. She explained that she has a one year old at home and couldn't imagine a toddler and twins. I thanked her for her pity and slipped my much happier feet back into my shoes.
Today one of my coworkers brought me an infant snowsuit, toys for LR, and extra odds n' ends from her kids. She said they were collecting dust in the attic, but I'm pretty sure she was just feeling sorry for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment