Thursday, October 18, 2007

Getting Near to the Groove If Not Into It

LR seems to be completely recovered from his cold finally. This past week we've been trying to get him back on his old sleep schedule with no success. The gate helps to keep him from running out of the room, but it still takes us 30-40 minutes to get him to fall asleep. I, invariable, fall asleep with him and Daddy comes to wake me around 10pm so that I can actually go to bed. Then LR wakes up twice during the night. He used to come into our room, but the past 2 nights he's just called for me instead. I prefer the calling so that I don't have to carry him back to bed. I just can't lift him anymore. The third trimester is going to get tricky since I'm already having trouble half way through the second.

LR's new twin mattress arrives tomorrow and we'll put together his bed first thing on Saturday probably. Hoping that helps with the routine. We'll get his "Cars" sheets on the bed from Papa and Grandma Nese finally. Anyone know why a twin mattress is called a twin? Or double, queen, and king for that matter? I'm going to Google it...

In other news, we had a mouse run across the living room and into the dining room two nights ago. Luckily I had a quarterly visit from Terminix already scheduled for the next day. The inspector set out some glue traps and sprayed for bugs. Hoping that it was a one time thing, but with the cold weather, it's the time for mice to be looking for warmth. Ah, the joys of living in front of the woods!

No comments: