Saturday, September 22, 2007

Quick Recovery

LR had no fever and very little congestion today. It's the fastest cold he's ever had. I gave him Dimetapp just before bed to make sure he slept comfortably, but I skipped the Motrin. He had such a big day today that I'm hoping he sleeps through the night without any problems.

This morning we all went to meet my MOT (Mothers of Twins) Big Sister. She gave me a quick view of life with a three year-old and twin year-old girls. They were adorable and kept both their moms very busy. They had lots of good advice, I just need to remember to write it down before the twins arrive. After our visit there, we ran off to Target to pick up odds n' ends. Then LR fell asleep on the way home.

I had to wake him up 2 hours later so that we could go to our 2 year new moms reunion. What a mistake that was! Too many kids in too small a space. There was hitting, stealing of toys, and a couple of tantrums. LR got slapped for trying to take a toy and then pushed another little girl down a small slide. I was within inches when he did it and apologized a dozen times to the parents. The girl wasn't hurt, but it didn't make me feel any less guilty about it. After that party, we ran to his friend R's second birthday which was much more relaxing and enjoyable. The kids ran around outside and there were more than enough toys to go around. LR introduced a game of hanging off a bar that was part of the railing for the stairs and as a result, all the kids joined in, trampling R's mom's plants. She initially tried to stop them, but was overwhelmed by the power that is 5 little 2 year-olds intent on doing the same thing.

No comments: