Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Finding His Voice

LR has learned a new skill, singing! He's got the ABC's down for the most part, which he often sings while strumming the grill above the fireplace. Not sure what he likes about the sound it makes, but it's music to him. The past few days, he's picked up Ba-Ba-Blacksheep, Jack and Jill, and Old MacDonald. We sing at home and in the car. As long as the song is long enough, he will start to join in. He really liked Old MacDonald yesterday and even suggested animals. It's nice to feel like I haven't been singing to a brick wall for 2 years. He was actually absorbing a lot of it, just waiting for the connection to the mouth to develop, I guess. Very cool stuff.

Oh, and his favorite new bedtime show is Sleeping Beauty. I'm really enjoying the old Disney movies. The scary scenes are far less scary and adrenaline inducing than more recent Pixar movies. The music is wonderful and LR is soothed by it. I'll have to pick up a few more. So far Dumbo (it has a train!) and Sleeping Beauty are hits. Alice is Wonderland is okay, but probably his least favorite of the three.

No comments: