Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's All About the Ladies

Saturday morning we had a play date with friends D & M and their daughter C, who is just 3 months older. They hadn't seen each other for a very long time, so it was good to see them interact well together. C got cuddly toward the end and we're pretty sure LR thought he was getting a big 'ol dose of cooties.

After they left we spent the rest of the afternoon at a big block party on our street. LR loved seeing so many kids and had a ball running up and down the street. We got lots of compliments on LR and congrats on the twins from our neighbors. I think we also got a lot of pitying glances... Found out that there was something in the water years ago when everyone had girls. There are more than a dozen girls from ages 5 to 18. We thought LR was the only boy, but I guess someone poisoned the well, because now there are 4 male 2-year-olds on the block. Awesome! Lots of friends for LR!

Sunday we took it easy since I had to do a 24 hour urinalysis. Daddy did the grocery shopping and took LR to the park while I tried to catch up on a bunch of rugby World Cup games. Just in case you were curious, the USA did not get slaughtered by England. I believe it was the least number of points the US has ever lost by in a world cup game. Go Eagles!

Monday we had a play date with LR's girl, V. They chased each other around both inside and outside the house. V's mom and I tried to rest since she's due with baby #2 this week and I'm starting to look like I'm close. (It's not that bad, but I'm getting bigger by the minute!) Also got my AFP test result back which test for Down syndrome and we're in the clear with both babies. That was a relief. Am becoming more comfortable with the idea of a C-section. It just looks like that's the direction that twin deliveries are going now-a-days thanks to a study which says the second twin delivered vaginally has lower APGARs and spends more time in the NICU. Might as well do what's best for both of them.

LR started his gym class today and Nanny C reported that he loved it. She said she thought the trampoline was his favorite and he has a hard time doing group activities because he wants to do his own thing. Not a surprise. Hope I get a chance to go to one of his classes.

No comments: