Tuesday, April 24, 2007

We Made It

We're in our new home! Poor LR was sick from the Thur before the move until the Thur after. He didn't love his new room and was very clingy since he was sick, but Grandma Nese helped out and he was well taken care of the whole time. The day after the move, Daddy came down with the same rotavirus that LR had. That left Nese and I to try to unpack and tend to the wounded. Needless to say, we're still pretty much in boxes except for the kitchen. Grandad B showed up right after the move and helped install a water filter, baby gates at the top and bottom of the stairs, and a gas line for the dryer. Don't know what we would've done without the two of them. (Dad, I ordered the icemaker kit. Coming back any time soon? *grin*)

LR is slowly getting used to his surroundings. He's constantly at the doors asking to go "shy-shy" which is "outside" or "cars" so that he can go sit in the car and press all the buttons on the dashboard. The hazard lights button is his favorite. After pressing it, he gets out of the car to inspect the lights on the bumper as they blink. Once outside, he runs to the gates in the fence and demands "shy-shy" again. I try to convince him that he's already outside, but he is rarely pacified. As far as he's concerned, any containment is bad. Unfortunately, when I let him through the gate, he makes a dash for the road and the kid is getting fast! We're just getting used to living on a very busy road. That's the only part I don't love about the house, but I'll get used to it.

We found out that we're surrounded by female babysitters. We have 16 and 14 year old teens on one side, a 13 and 11 year old across, and an 8 year old on the other side. We have at least the next 10 years covered! LR loves to go next door where they have a jungle gym. I'm hoping to get him a sandbox soon so that he won't mind staying in the yard.

LR's latest obsession: corn dogs. He wakes up and asks for a corn dog. He's had them for breakfast the past 4 days. It's a veggie corn dog, so it's not as bad as it sounds. He asks for them throughout the day. I try to keep him to 2 a day, max. We've made it through at least 4 boxes of them since we moved. It's also one of his first 2 word phrases. He can say "corn bread," "corn dog," and "tow truck." Oh, and while the grandparents were here, he named Grandad B "Papa."

Sorry for the lack of pictures. The office isn't set up yet, so blogging with photos will be a little tough until then.

No comments: