We had a great weekend! Daddy's brothers and sister-in-law came to visit and to help us paint the new house. Daddy worked them like mules during the day, but in the evenings, they came home to play with LR. LR just couldn't get enough attention. Aunt J made up a new game where she would say "ready" and crouch down. LR mimicked her movements. "Set," and they'd lean forward in anticipation. "Go!" and they were off and running. (As if LR needed incentive to run around the house chasing someone) Everyone took turns running with him last night while I was on the phone with Grandma W. I heard the screaming and giggling and then it all stopped as I hung up the phone. LR had thrown up from the exertion, but he didn't seem to mind. It only slowed him down because I had to change his PJs.
To make things livelier this weekend he started jumping off of things: boxes in the house, a large rock at the new house, and the couch. This evening he discovered he could climb up on the back of the couch. He'd say "down" or "jump" and that was Daddy's cue to get ready. Then LR would tumble down, sometimes somersaulting and sometimes just face planting. I really don't know where he gets it from. The look of pure joy on his face just before he jumps is worrisome to say the least.
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment