Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Help!

LR has learned the word "help!" He uses it when he wants me to do something that he can't do. While in Babies R Us today, LR found a truck which required pushing down the hood to get the wheels to turn and a sound to play. The hood was tricky to push and if he didn't hit it right in the center, it wouldn't play. He would try a few times and then say "help, help!" It seemed like a new level of communication for us, which I definitely appreciated more than he did. He still drags us around by the finger, but I can see that conversations about Plato and Aristotle are just around the corner.

His latest obsession is the car. He can sit in the car for as long as I'll let him now, but he has to be free to roam. He especially likes sitting in the front two seats so that he can play with all the buttons and pretend to drive the car. God forbid I should try to put him in his car seat. Often he stands at the gate in the house and asks for "shy-shy" which means "outside." Then he'll ask, "car?" It's been so cold this week that I haven't wanted to take him out. I'm crossing my fingers for better weather so that we can return to our car/jungle-gym.

No comments: