Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Parenting Styles

Clearly Daddy and I have different parenting styles, but never was it more clear than the other night during bath time. Because the babies tend to bathe right after dinner, I'm usually the one to give them their bath. Even if Daddy is home, he's occupied by LR who by that time of day is frantic for a dedicated playmate.

Well, the other night, Daddy was giving them a bath while I tried to sort out the growing problem of keeping the babies clothes organized. (It's not a real problem until I send Daddy up to get them clothes and he comes down with wrong sizes or clothes for the wrong season.) While sorting I heard some screaming, so I went in to check. I think I asked nicely, but it probably sounded something like, "what the hell?" (That is nicely at the end of our days.) Daddy explained that he had been conducting an experiment where he had them fight over a washcloth, thus the intermittent screaming.

"Why not give them each a washcloth," I exclaimed. See, I give them each a clean washcloth for them to chew on / suck the water out of. Everyone's happy. No screaming. But Daddy thinks that the twins are for his entertainment and he's got a ring-side seat. He said that Missy yelled every time J Frog took the washcloth and after a couple of times, she would turn to look at Daddy and yell at him as if to say, "will you please do something about this hooligan?"

Fascinating, Daddy.


No comments: