Sunday, November 02, 2008

9 Month Checkup

Check out her shiner! This picture was taken about 3 days after the initial injury, so it was already fairly well healed. The black eye was terribly cute.

The babies had their 9 month checkup last week. Missy is 19 lbs. 9 oz. while J Frog is 18 lbs. 13 oz. She is 27.75 and he is 28.5 inches. They both got flu shots, but recovered fast thanks to each having a cookie to gnaw on. They were supposed to get the lead and hemoglobin tests done, but there was an emergency in the office and the nurse who was supposed to draw their blood was occupied. Eventually we had to leave to pick up LR from preschool. I'm debating whether or not to go back to get those done. We live in a house that is 10 years old and I know they're getting enough iron in their diet. Is it worth the finger stick? Probably, but it's so much tougher to get twins geared up to go anywhere that I'm reluctant to do it.

J Frog has started to pull up. He typically finds Missy and drags himself up right next to her. Unfortunately, he's even more unstable than when Missy started pulling herself up, so he's falling over a lot. The best is when they stand on opposite sides of LR's learning tower and play peek-a-boo. They seem to be much more entertained by each other now... in the bath, while playing, during meal times. I have some adorable video of them laughing at each other while standing at the tower. I'll try to get that movie up soon.

No comments: