
Since the twins won't be home for another 4 or 5 days at least, LR won't feel the pinch right away, but as of tomorrow he will officially cease to be an only child. N has been preparing him by playing with his baby doll we bought him almost a year ago to go with his stroller. He's never shown much interest in it, but after a couple of play dates with friends who have baby siblings now, LR is much more interested. He named his baby after his friend's baby brother, Cooper.

I came home from the hospital yesterday and found N and LR playing with Cooper by counting his fingers and toes, classifying the fish on his stroller, and pointing out his eyes, ears, and mouth. Then LR took him out of the stroller and cuddled him on the couch. I'm really grateful to N for picking up on his interest and reinforcing it. She tries to make sure he's gentle with the baby, but he still sometimes flings Cooper out of the stroller.

This past weekend we had a nice, although quick, visit with Papa and
Nese. LR got to go in Papa's airplane a couple of times. He was thrilled to just hang out at the airport a bit. It was a bright day, so the shadows are a little deep in the photos. I'll have to work on that. Before we got to the airport to pick them up, LR informed me that we needed to watch out for the propellers. I was impressed that he remembered the word and my warning from the last time they were here at Thanksgiving.

We also got another snow storm this week. Everything had finally melted from the last series of storms and now we have a fresh 6 inches on the ground. LR is starting to get better at walking through the snow. N likes to take him outside at least once a day and he loves having snowball fights with her.
At my
OB's office yesterday, I measured at 44 weeks even though I'm only 35. The kids are still moving and my blood pressure seems to be holding steady. She double checked with me on whether or not I wanted to try an induction and I gracefully declined. I think "hell no" is what I said. She agreed that risking another long induction wasn't a good idea and that twin B, the girl, will be better off with a c-section.
It may be a while until I post again and hopefully by then I'll think of some nicknames to use on the blog for our new additions.
1 comment:
Big Brother LR!
We (Steph, Kayla and I) hope everything goes as smoothly as possible tomorrow. Let us know if you need anything.
Post a Comment