
I keep forgetting the things I want to blog about, so pardon the random nature of this post. One thing that I find endlessly amusing is that LR has started to pick up some of N's South African phrases such as "you'll crack your head" when he does something dangerous. He's really taken to her and that makes all of us feel good about our new family. Tonight she's putting him to bed for the first time in preparation of next week's craziness. Despite protests from my nephrologist, we're still on for a Jan 17
th c-section.

We've decided to get rid of
LR's naps. We tried the 3pm naps and the 9pm bedtime, but it wasn't working well, so the past few days we've just skipped the nap. Last night he slept for 12 hours! This child has never slept for 12 hours, so I think we have a winning plan here. Just in time too! Last night he did wake up at 4am and come down the hall. Daddy intercepted him halfway and I heard LR say, "I'm looking for my mommy," as if I were playing hide-and-seek with him. It was cute enough to let him come to our bed and finish the night there. The new schedule has him nodding off at dinner, but he's quickly revived with a bath and then bedtime is smoother and faster.

Sleep has been difficult for me recently. Between the constant need to pee and the tossing and turning, I'm only getting a few hours at a time. Because of the constant interruptions, I've been having vivid dreams, but the one that I've now had 2 nights in a row is that I'm going on a trip with my family and I'm the only one not packed or ready to go. Wonder what that could mean? At least I'm not having the teeth-falling-out dream.
The pics for this post don't really relate to the text, they're just recent ones that I like. Actually, I don't like the one of me, but I've had lots of requests from family to see how big I am. That picture is from 32 weeks. I'll be 35 tomorrow and I'll take the final horrifying pics before the c-section.
No comments:
Post a Comment