He used another great phrase in the car the other day when we past a pond which had frozen over. N asked him if he saw all the ice on the pond and he replied, "much too icy for Hudson." I'm pretty sure he picked up the "much too" from N. He also makes "batteries" a 2 syllable word the way she does. He'll be speaking Afrikaans before we know it.
Saturday, January 05, 2008
I don't like this
LR has been eating a ton of new and different foods. Yesterday I went out to lunch with some ex-coworkers and brought home more than half of my chicken stir fry. LR has rejected most meats since he started solid foods, but for some reason, the chicken was a hit when I warmed up my leftovers for him for dinner. He was eating while standing in his tower at the kitchen island when N came up and was chatting with me about his day. When I turned away, he put a large piece of bok choy in his mouth. For whatever reason, taste, texture, or size, LR spit it back onto the plate and emphatically announced, "I don't like this!" At first N and I thought he was talking about us having a conversation and not focusing on him. Then I realized he meant the food. It's the first time he's said something other than, "no like!" I was worried that his cute phrase was gone for good, but I've heard him say it since then. I'm sure it'll be gone soon though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment